Thursday, December 23, 2010

An Awakening (Part 4)

Stomp stomp stomp stomp

Twang

Thump

Stomp stomp stomp stomp

Twang

Clatter

You keep that up, we'll need to buy new target dummies. You know you're supposed to shoot the target, right?”

Shut up.”

Stomp stomp stomp stomp

Twang


Fel!”

Anything you want to talk about?”

No.”

Did something happen in Tanaris? I've never seen you so...”

I said, shut up!”

Stomp stomp stomp stomp

Twang

Clatter

FEL!”

Guy trouble? Was that gnome bothering you again?”

I swear, Nomaani, another word comes out of your mouth while I'm trying to take target practice, the next arrow goes through your throat.”

Stomp stomp stomp stomp

Twang


That would be so much more threatening if you could hit anything. What's gotten into you? You're usually dead-eye.”

A gut shot would be so much better for you? Oh, what's the point? He's probably got a wife in Thunder Bluff and another in Orgrimmar anyway.”

... I'm going to just pretend that my fingers were in my ears, because I thought I heard you say 'Thunder Bluff' and 'Orgrimmar'? Of all the uncivilized...”

As if you knew anything about being civilized. Those Neanderthals that hang around with you down at the inn, most of them barely have two brain cells to rub together.”

Oh, this is suddenly about me now? Does my success with the men threaten you?”

Success! The only thing more empty than your head is the hope of having a meaningful conversation with one of them. No, you just go right on giving them a little 'accidental' flash of alien boobs from time to time to keep them interested. I'd rather have a real conversation – a real relationship – with someone who's not a moron, who treats me like a woman, even if he is a Tauren.”

Ooh, a Tauren! They have such big muscles! I bet he smells like a cow, though.”

You're hopeless. I'm going back to Booty Bay. Or somewhere. Anywhere.”

Stomp stomp stomp

Auryon, wait!”

Fine... what?”

You really like this... tauren?”

... Yes, and I think he likes me. I just can't figure him out. He said that we couldn't be together, but he waved at the ship until we were out of sight. It's like he wants us to be together as much as I do, but something...”

He's already married?”

NO! No. It's not possible – I was joking about that. No, it's something else...”

Well, then he's an idiot if he doesn't want to be with you.”

I get it, though. He was right – it would be a hard life. But it's one I was willing to... I wanted him, not this stupid bow.”

Let me see that. He gave you this?”

Yes, right before I got on the boat. He said, 'use it often and think of me.'”

Auryon, have you looked at this thing? It has to be as valuable as... I don't know. It's amazing!”

Yeah, really nice. It obviously takes the place of my Tauren lover.”

Auryon, don't be a fool. It's not a piece of vendor trash – this was a really special gift. He wouldn't give you something this valuable just to blow you off. Believe me, I know about cheesy gifts.”

“... Aargh! Why does this have to be so difficult? So what do I do now?”

When he figures things out, he'll probably come looking for you. You took the boat to Booty Bay, right? So he will probably start there. That's what I would do – retrace your steps. Not that I've ever... stalked anyone, you know... Quit grinning, I'm serious. Even if he never shows up, it will be a nice vacation for you.”

Thanks, Nomaani. You're a true friend. I need to go!”

Have fun. And... good luck. I really do hope you find your... man. You could stand to get more action, if you know what...”

Shut up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our blog. Lith'atal and I will review your comment for approval shortly, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't appear immediately. Have a pleasant day!