Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Joyous Homecoming

"Daddy! Daddydaddydaddy! Guess what? Guess what happened today?"

"Hello, kiddo." His travel-weary look vanished as he smiled at my excited welcome. He tousled my hair. "Slow down, take a deep breath and then tell me."

"But it's just so exciting I think I might burst!"

"That is entirely different. If you're going to burst, we'd better go outside so you don't make a mess in the house."

"Daddy!" I faked a pout for a moment. "So, are you ready to hear it?"

He nodded, his eyes crinkling in the corners as he tried not to show how much he enjoyed tormenting me.

"Tamashi told her cousin, Bookh, about me and he sent me a lovely letter! He's a druid like you. Well, not exactly like you because he is focused on the moonkin form. That is called 'balance', right?"

"Yes. And I know Bookh. He is the druid from Tamashi's family that I mentioned before. I believe he has been training an apprentice, as well."

"Tamashi is excited because Bookh is coming to visit soon! Next week, maybe? Apparently he has been in Northrend for a long time. But that is not the really exciting news."

"Okay, so what is the really exciting news?"

"Tamashi and I both have mounts now! I have a green raptor just like yours, and Tamashi has a Sunwalker kodo."

"That is wonderful news. Did you have to go to Sen'jin for your raptor?"

"Yes, daddy." I felt my voice quiver for a moment, but I swallowed hard and continued. "It was hard, but not as difficult as I expected. I tried to remind myself that you would be proud and delighted to hear about my raptor. Tamashi encouraged me, too, by talking about how much more fun we would have together with mounts instead of running everywhere on foot. I did not stay around the village - I didn't want to bring up any more bad memories."

"You are growing up so fast. I am proud of you, raptor or not. One of these days you'll be out living your own life - making even more big decisions on your own. And I am glad that you and Tamashi are such good friends. Speaking of which, your friendship isn't getting in the way of your studies?"

"No, daddy. It seems like most days my brain is crammed full. I have been learning new forms and spells, and Gen... Ms. Runetotem says that someday very soon it will be time for me to visit the Moonglade. And Tamashi and I usually spend our time together practicing our new skills. The armor you gave me has really helped - I outgrew my first set so quickly."

"How wonderful - I'm glad that you have been able to use them. Now, how about you get your new raptor out, and we can ride up to Thunder Bluff. I hear there will be a special show in the square in front of Baine Bloodhoof's tent this evening."

"That sounds like fun. I'm so glad you're home - I don't like it when you travel so much. I'd rather just spend my time with you. And with Tamashi, of course. Do you think we could invite her to come along?"

"Absolutely."

-----

Bookh is the "main" character for the guild member that started Tamashi. Similar constraints apply - unless the two of us collaborate, neither of these characters will appear directly in the story line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your interest in our blog. Lith'atal and I will review your comment for approval shortly, so don't be alarmed if it doesn't appear immediately. Have a pleasant day!